Re: mingw 8.1.3 build error: conftest.c: Permission denied

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Matthew England" <mengland(at)mengland(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: mingw 8.1.3 build error: conftest.c: Permission denied
Date: 2006-02-27 17:19:09
Lists: pgsql-ports

Matt England <mengland(at)mengland(dot)net> writes:
> At 2/27/2006 11:10 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Interesting ... that test isn't doing anything much that the preceding
>> tests didn't do.

> Can I just disregard these errors then? The ./configure script appears to
> proceed ok independent of the error.

Yeah, but it will treat that test as failed which may be (probably is,
in this case) the wrong answer. In any case, random file-permission
failures constitute a platform instability that you do not want to just
live with. You might have trouble getting through the build step without
more of them, to take just one point.