Re: 7.5 Plans

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.5 Plans
Date: 2003-11-27 05:11:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca> writes:
>> So, what does changing it to $PostgreSQL$ do? Or am I reading the wrong
>> part of the manual?

> The BSDs wen't through similar measures to ensure they could maintain
> multiple CVS sources without diff / patch going nuts.

Yeah, I have gotten similar requests from Red Hat's internal development
group. $PostgreSQL$ doesn't do anything for *us* ... but it makes life
easier for other people trying to import PG sources into their own CVS
trees. In light of the Grand Scheme for World Domination, that seems
like a worthwhile improvement to me ;-)