Re: Bounds error in LockMethodInit().

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bounds error in LockMethodInit().
Date: 2003-08-15 19:18:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be> writes:
> I have no idea what that numModes++ line is doing there.

I think the notion is that the lock modes are counted in 1-based
numbering; the copy loop starts at 0 so it needs an extra iteration.
Look at the uses of numLockModes for evidence. (Note the extra zero
at the start of LockConflicts[]. Why it's bothering to copy that,
I dunno.)

I agree the call from lmgr.c is bogus though --- should be doing
something involving lengthof(LockConflicts), probably. The existing
coding would fail to raise a flag if someone added a few more lock
modes without increasing MAX_LOCKMODES.