Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, frank(dot)gagnepain(at)intm(dot)fr, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16476: pgp_sym_encrypt_bytea with compress-level=6 : Wrong key or corrupt data
Date: 2020-07-22 06:51:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Jul 07, 2020 at 03:07:22PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Horiguchi-san, as you looked at this thread, would you like to look at
> what I sent previously? There is still time until the next minor
> release, but this thread has been idle for close to two weeks now.

Hearing nothing, I have studied more this stuff today and applied the
patch down to 9.5. Based on the first reports from the buildfarm,
things are getting interesting with steamerduck complaining that the
input and the output do not match in the test:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=steamerduck&dt=2020-07-22%2006%3A01%3A24

The package of libz used there seems to be 1.2.11, so that's up to
date:
https://software.opensuse.org/package/libz1

I am not exactly sure what this environment does differently. There
are other machines using s390x, so I'll wait a bit more before doing
something.
--
Michael