Re: FK violation in partitioned table after truncating a referenced partition

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FK violation in partitioned table after truncating a referenced partition
Date: 2020-02-06 22:00:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Also, I think we should patch the documentation like this, because this
effect is not 100% obvious. (For example, if the partition strategy is
identical in both referenced and referencing tables, you would wish that
only the equivalent partition is truncated. However, I doubt this can
be really implemented.)

I do wonder how do other RDBMSs behave.