Re: BUG #16129: Segfault in tts_virtual_materialize in logical replication worker

From: Ondřej Jirman <ienieghapheoghaiwida(at)xff(dot)cz>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16129: Segfault in tts_virtual_materialize in logical replication worker
Date: 2019-11-21 16:15:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 04:57:07PM +0100, Ondřej Jirman wrote:

> Maybe it has something to do with my upgrade method. I dumped/restored
> the replica with pg_dumpall, and then just proceded to enable subscription
> and refresh publication with (copy_data=false) for all my subscriptions.

OTOH, it may not. There are 2 more databases replicated the same way from
the same database cluster, and they don't crash the replica server, and
continue replicating. The one of the other databases also has bytea columns in
some of the tables.

It really just seems related to the machine restart (a regular one) that I did
on the primary, minutes later replica crashed, and kept crashing ever since
whenever connecting to the primary for the hometv database.

So maybe something's wrong with the replica database (maybe because the
connection got killed by the walsender at unfortunate time), rather than the
original database, because I can replicate the original DB afresh into a new copy
just fine and other databases continue replicating just fine if I disable
the crashing subscription.

regards,
o.