Re: Parallel query execution introduces performance regressions

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Jinho Jung <jinhojun(at)usc(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Parallel query execution introduces performance regressions
Date: 2019-04-01 18:34:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

On 2019-04-01 14:30:13 -0400, Jinho Jung wrote:
> We noticed that the following SQL query runs 3 times slower on the latest
> version of PostgreSQL due to the “parallel query execution” feature.
> Several other queries are affected by the same feature. We are planning to
> report the discovered regressions in an academic paper. We would like to
> get your feedback before doing so.

Didn't you post exactly this multiple times before? E.g.
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAF6pyKfsYkkwk3-uCzcxXQTvY0SRp3SF%3DdFmwJXnP8vzVpXNjw%40mail.gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAF6pyKfRchfdLSvFOBJ4U96AhEFsHbm-gGcrQrjXdqPC4q%3DHpg%40mail.gmail.com

please don't just start new threads because you didn't get the amount of
attention you wanted. Nor do I think this is a bug, so this would be
the wrong list in isolation, too.

Greetings,

Andres Freund