Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Ron <ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgbackrest] Expiring the last backup?
Date: 2019-01-24 13:26:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> The backups partition is running out of disk space, and I need to delete the
> only backup.
>
> $ pgbackrest expire --stanza=localhost --retention-full=0
> ERROR: [032]: '0' is out of range for 'repo1-retention-full' option

Yeah, pgbackrest doesn't ever really think you want to get rid of *all*
of your backups. :)

> So, in version 2.07, what's the secret sauce for deleting that final copy?

If this is the only backup and the only cluster being backed up into
that repository, you could just nuke the whole repo and recreate it with
stanza-create once you're ready to have backups again..

Thanks!

Stephen