Re: Code of Conduct plan,Re: Code of Conduct plan

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct plan,Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date: 2018-10-20 01:07:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Hi Jonathan,

>>> So how can I proceed the translation work? Just downloading the English
>>> CoC as a text file and translate it into Japanese?
>>
>> That sounds like a good plan. With the translation in a text file,
>> someone (good chance it's me) can come up with a patch to place the
>> content on the site. We will probably handle it similarly to how we
>> handle the translated press kits.
>>
>> Given the nature of the content and that we may have a few more
>> translations come in, we might want to set up a system to have someone
>> independently review the translations as well and sign off on them.
>>
>> Thoughts on that?
>
> All sounds good to me.

Attached is the Japanese translation of CoC. The translation was done
by a professional translator and then reviewed by community relation
team (I am one of the members) of PostgreSQL Enterprise Consortium
(PGECons [1]). The cost of the translation was supported by PGECONS.

[1] PGECons is a non profit organization comprised of companies in
Japan to promote PostgreSQL (https://www.pgecons.org).

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii