Re: Minor correction in alter_table.sgml

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Minor correction in alter_table.sgml
Date: 2016-11-30 15:24:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Amit,

* Amit Langote (Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp) wrote:
> Perhaps, it should say something like:
>
> All the actions except RENAME, SET TABLESPACE (when using the ALL IN
> TABLESPACE form) and SET SCHEMA can be combined into a list of multiple
> alterations to apply in parallel.

Seems like this would be a bit better:

------
All the actions, when acting on a single table and not using the ALL IN
TABLESPACE form, except RENAME and SET SCHEMA, can be combined into a
list of multiple alterations to be applied.
------

I note that we say 'in parallel', but given that we have actual parallel
operations now, we should probably shy away from using that except in
cases where we actually mean operations utilizing multiple parallel
processes.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Stephen