Re: multivariate statistics v14

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Cc: jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multivariate statistics v14
Date: 2016-03-23 02:57:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> I believe this is because reference.sgml is missing a call to
>> &alterStatistic (per report by Alvaro Herrera).
>
> Ok, I will patch reference.sgml.

Here are some comments on docs.

- There's no docs for pg_mv_statistic (should be added to "49. System
Catalogs")

- The word "multivariate statistics" or something like that should
appear in the index.

- There are some explanation how to deal with multivariate statistics
in "14.1 Using Explain" and "14.2 Statistics used by the Planner"
section.

I am now looking into the create statistics doc to see if the example
appearing in it is working. I will get back if I find any.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan