Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How can we expand PostgreSQL ecosystem?
Date: 2016-03-07 09:06:43
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

> * Only 24 open source projects are listed as interoperable.
> Open Source Projects Using PostgreSQL
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/OpenSource_Projects_Using_PostgreSQL

It's pity that some very popular OSS projects do not care about
PostgreSQL. WordPress is one of such OSS projects. Long time ago
someone came up with "PostgreSQL plugin" but it didn't catch up
WordPress releases and now cannot be used with the latest version of
WordPress. In my understanding WordPress fixes security issues only
with the latest version; as a result, we cannot use safe version of
WordPress if we want to use PostgreSQL for its database engine.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan