Re: Small PATCH: check of 2 Perl modules

From: Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small PATCH: check of 2 Perl modules
Date: 2016-02-16 16:48:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:23:56 -0300
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> ... but I agree with the point upthread that this should wait to see
> what happens with the CMake stuff, since this is not a newly
> introduced problem.

I doubt, that CMake stuff would be ready for 9.6. There is just one
commitfest left, and it would be quite a radical change.

And even if would appear in the next release, it cannot be easily
backpatched to 9.5. So we'll probably live with autoconf until the
end-of-life of 9.5 series at least.

--
Victor Wagner <vitus(at)wagner(dot)pp(dot)ru>