Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, Gavin Flower <GavinFlower(at)archidevsys(dot)co(dot)nz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydatasolutions(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Date: 2016-01-04 15:46:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Based on the feedback here, I have returned this patch to Needs Review
status. (Waiting on Author would be fairer actually, since we are
waiting for an updated version.)

As far as I can make it from Noah and Robert's comments, what we would
like to see here is a way for pg_dump to output nondefault grants to
system objects; that would solve part of the need here where this patch
proposes default roles for one or two system objects. Another part of
this patch, which could presumably be committed independently, is the
addition of default roles that are related to larger sets of system
objects.