BUG #13819: What is maximum limit on max_connections?

From: ashish(dot)chauhan(at)support(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #13819: What is maximum limit on max_connections?
Date: 2015-12-15 18:21:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 13819
Logged by: Ashish Chauhan
Email address: ashish(dot)chauhan(at)support(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1
Operating system: Ubuntu

Hi,

I am new to this community and not sure this is right place to ask question
so please guide me if I have to ask question some other place.

Currently, we have 300 max_connection on production and we are feeling we
need to increase it to 500. I want to know what is recommended maximum limit
for max_connection? Do we need to start thinking of pooling?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks
-Ashish