Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kam Lasater <ckl(at)seekayel(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2015-10-01 13:51:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > On 09/30/2015 03:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I'd be feeling a lot more positive about this whole thread if any people
> >> had stepped up and said "yes, *I* will put in a lot of grunt-work to make
> >> something happen here". The lack of any volunteers suggests strongly
> >> that this thread is a waste of time, just as the several similar ones
> >> before it have been.
>
> > Hmmm? Frost volunteered to stand up debbugs.
>
> So he did, and did anyone volunteer to put data into it, or to do ongoing
> curation of said data? If we simply connect it up to the mailing lists,
> and then stand back and wait for magic to happen, we will not ever have
> anything that's any more useful than the existing mailing list archives.

I'm still planning to stand up debbugs, but as I said earlier on in the
thread, it's lower priority than the current work around getting beta
out the door (and, generally, 9.5 into good shape). I've been following
the thread and don't see any reason to stray from that plan.

Once it's up, I'll provide information about how it gets populated, how
to interact with it, etc. Based on the responses on this thread, it
looks like we've got quite a few people who are willing to help manage
it, once it's up and running. I'll also be involved (either directly or
by bringing in other resources) in the ongoing curation and management.

Thanks!

Stephen