Make hba available to client code

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Make hba available to client code
Date: 2015-01-28 20:49:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

While investigating another project, namely adding pg_hba.conf support
to pgbouncer, I ran into a stumbling block others probably will, too:
the hba code is backend-only, which means that if I were to do this
as-is, I would be cooking a batch of very unappetizing copypasta.

I'm allergic to copypasta, so unless there are big objections, I'd
like to export those functions to make hba available to other code.

Objections?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!