Re: Trouble installing Slony 2.0

From: Alberto Cabello Sánchez <alberto(at)unex(dot)es>
To: Samir Parikh <SParikh(at)CarCharging(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble installing Slony 2.0
Date: 2014-04-16 06:52:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 22:07:09 +0000
Samir Parikh <SParikh(at)CarCharging(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks Alberto. I could figure out that and install the software successfully.
> Is there any nice document you can suggest for configuring slony (set up
> replication, sets,nodes etc...).

Hi, Samir.

There are many. You should begin with the official docs, esp. chapters 1, 2 and 3:
http://slony.info/documentation/2.0/index.html

When you are familiar with the terminology you can check some recipes elsewhere
to get an outlook of the tasks involved:

http://raghavt.blogspot.com.es/2012/07/simple-slony-i-replication-setup.html
http://www.howtoforge.com/configuring-slony-i-cascading-replication-on-postgresql-8.3

But Slony-I documentation is still the best resource.

--
Alberto Cabello Sánchez
<alberto(at)unex(dot)es>