Re: New option for pg_basebackup, to specify a different directory for pg_xlog

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Haribabu kommi <haribabu(dot)kommi(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New option for pg_basebackup, to specify a different directory for pg_xlog
Date: 2013-12-20 13:20:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Haribabu kommi escribió:

> From the compilation I observed as libpgcommon is linking while building ecpg.
> I tested the same by using psprintf directly in ecpg code.
>
> I modified the libecpg's Makefile as suggested by you which is attached in the mail,
> Still the errors are occurring. Please let me know is there anything missed?

I don't know what's the cause of the error you're seeing, but IIRC you
can't have a file in src/port depend on src/common functionality (which
psprintf is IIRC). So you need to fix things up so that the psprintf()
doesn't occur in src/port at all. Not sure what's the best way to go
about this; perhaps the whole new function should be in src/common; or
perhaps you need part of it in src/port and the bits with the funny
error reporting in src/common, where psprintf can be called without
issue.