Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: pg_filedump 9.3: checksums (and a few other fixes)
Date: 2013-06-10 15:16:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeff Davis wrote:

> I was hesitant to do too much interpretation of the bits. Do you think
> it would be better to just remove the test for XMAX_SHR_LOCK?

I don't know, but then I'm biased because I know what that specific bit
combination means. I guess someone that doesn't know is going to be
surprised by seeing both lock strength bits together .. but maybe
they're just going to have a look at htup_details.h and instantly
understand what's going on. Not sure how likely that is.