How to insert data to a table with datarange data type?

From: Csanyi Pal <csanyipal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to insert data to a table with datarange data type?
Date: 2013-03-09 20:43:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I just installed postgresql 9.2 and PgAdmin3 version 1.16.1 on my Debian
Wheezy system.

I have a database and in it a table with one column 'date' that is
daterange type.

When I want to add the first date into that table I get error message:
An error has occurred:

ERROR: array value must start with "{" or dimension information
LINE 1: ...félévek_negyedévek".felev_2_napjai(datum) VALUES
('2013.03.0...

An error has occurred:

ERROR: array value must start with "{" or dimension information
LINE 1: ...félévek_negyedévek".felev_2_napjai(datum) VALUES
('2013.03.0...

What is the proper way to instert a date into this table?

--
Regards from Pal