At 2012-12-29 14:23:45 -0500, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net wrote:
> Regarding the actual comment, here's the wording that I'd use:
Sorry for nitpicking, but "we can't long jumps" made me cringe.
Here's a slightly more condensed version:
* We can't use ereport(ERROR) here, because any longjmps
* in DoingCommandRead state run the risk of violating our
* protocol or the SSL protocol, by interrupting OpenSSL in
* the middle of changing its internal state.
* Currently, the only option is to promote ERROR to FATAL
* until we figure out a better way to handle errors in this
Patch along these lines attached, which also removes trailing
whitespace from the original patch.
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Craig Ringer||Date: 2013-01-17 04:38:51|
|Subject: Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)|
|Previous:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2013-01-17 03:40:07|
|Subject: Re: CF3+4|