September 2012 commitfest

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: September 2012 commitfest
Date: 2012-10-10 15:19:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

People,

The commitfest currently in progress seems to have ground to a halt. We
really need to get things moving, because we're three weeks onto it and
there is a large number of patches still outstanding.

Some numbers: we got 65 patches this time, of which we rejected 4 and
returned 3 with feedback. 14 patches have already been committed, and
13 are waiting on their respective authors. 25 patches need review, and
6 are said to be ready for committers.

Many of those patches waiting on authors have been in such state for a
rather long time. I feel inclined to mark them "returned with
feedback", and have them posted again for the next commitfest.

Patches in "Ready for committer" state:
* Array ELEMENT Foreign Keys
* Updatable views
* plpgsql_check_function
* parallel pg_dump
* embedded list interface
* Move postgresql_fdw_validator into dblink

Some of the patches needing review where booted from the previous
commitfest. These were said to have higher reviewing priority during
this commitfest.

* FOR KEY SHARE foreign keys
* Trim trailing NULL columns
* Skip checkpoint on promoting from streaming replication
* Row-Level Security
* pg_stat_lwlocks view - lwlocks statistics
* New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes
* support INSERT INTO...RETURNING with partitioned table using rule
* Reworks for generic ALTER commands

(Sorry if I missed some).

Please help in whatever capacity you can.