Please consider using Maven

From: Thomas Koch <thomas(at)koch(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Please consider using Maven
Date: 2012-08-02 12:11:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'm a Debian maintainer working on a package that uses postgresql. I've to fix
the debian packaging of the jdbs lib because it does not come with maven's
pom.xml files. - That has nothing to do with you.

However I noticed, that you don't use maven.

From a packagers point of view it's very very convenient, if java libraries
all have a common layout and if they declare their dependencies in a pom.xml.
I know that maven is crappy, but it's a better then having to deal with
hundreds of different flavours of crap in ant projects.

So I'd like to encourage you to re-consider using maven. Please.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro