Re: pgpool2 master fail problem

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: videanuadrian(at)yahoo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgpool2 master fail problem
Date: 2012-04-20 00:22:38
Lists: pgsql-general

> Hi all,
> i try to build a postgresql cluster using postgresql 9.1.3 and pgpool2 3.1.2.
> I want to setup this cluster as a master/slave with streaming copy. Everything is ok execept the case when the masters fails, and i try to recover it, because the old master recovers as master instead of slave. I have installed pgpool-walrecrunning on both servers but still does not seems to work.
> any ideea ?

I'm not sure I fully understand your complain but I guess you expected
the failed master became new standby by just restarting it? That is
not allowed with streaming replication system anyway. You need to
recreate the failed master as a new standby from base backup. Pgpool
provides a convenient way called "online recovery" to do that. See
pgpool manual or tutorials at pgpool web site (http://www.pgpool.net),
especially this one:
http://www.pgpool.net/pgpool-web/contrib_docs/simple_sr_setting2_3.1/index.html
--