Re: Bug tracker tool we need (was: Last gasp)

From: Michael Banck <mbanck(at)debian(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug tracker tool we need (was: Last gasp)
Date: 2012-04-16 23:21:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 06:29:47PM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> FWIW, I think the closest thing we've found so far would be debbugs -
> which IIRC doesn't have any kind of reasonable database backend, which
> would be a strange choice for a project like ours :) And makes many
> things harder...

FWIW, Don Armstrong (the main debbugs hacker these days I believe)
recently posted a blog post about a more obscure feature of debuugs
(forcemerge), where he finishs with "so we can eventually keep a
postgresql database updated in addition to the flatfile database.":

http://www.donarmstrong.com/posts/debbugs_forcemerge/

I don't know whether this implies a full PostgreSQL backend or just a
helper DB for some part of the functionality, but it might be something
to keep watching.

Regards,

Michael