Re: problem setting up

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: hamann(dot)w(at)t-online(dot)de
Subject: Re: problem setting up
Date: 2012-02-27 15:11:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, February 27, 2012 6:21:56 am hamann(dot)w(at)t-online(dot)de wrote:
> Hi, I am just trying to build a duplicate of our database server.
> Like the main one, I compiled it from source, ran initdb, created a
> superuser, and then proceded to creating a database.
> However, db creation is denied to the superuser. Likewise,
> if I create the db as user postgres and then change ownership, I still
> do not have enough rights to, say, install a language.
> The pg_database.datdba as well as pg_user tables seem to have correct
> values. Where could I look next?

You say you are trying to duplicate a database.

The superuser you are creating, is it the same name in both servers?
Does this mean part of the process is a pg_dump and then a pg_restore to the new
database?
If so is that where you are getting the error, on using pg_restore to recreate
the database?
If you are not using pg_restore, how are you creating the database?
In any case what is the actual error message?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com