Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9

From: "Jean-Yves F(dot) Barbier" <12ukwn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Install & Launch PgAdmin on CentOS 6.2 with PostgreSQL 8.4.9
Date: 2012-01-30 10:10:33
Lists: pgsql-novice
On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 01:56:37 -0800 (PST)
Angus <angusmca(at)btinternet(dot)com> wrote:

> As for documentation, there wasn't any that was available as a separate
> download to the package.  But at your suggestion, I opened the rpm with a
> package browser, and found a doc directory within it.  I'll take some time
> to look through this for further info.

Normally, a look at /doc/INSTALL or README file should give you the
installation mod'op.

> Definitely didn't mix up PgAdmin with PHPAdmin: for certain, the active part
> of the package contains only PHP scripts.  Sounds like I have the wrong
> package - can you point me to the right one?  Have struggled to locate it.

I think you installed phppgadmin; deinstall it and install pgadmin3
(on Debian it is its name but YMMV) - once done, launch it directly
from the command line or from the graphic menu of your WM (it is
usually located into the development section).

--
..you could spend *all day* customizing the title bar.  Believe me.
I speak from experience."