timezone buglet?

From: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: timezone buglet?
Date: 2011-10-05 04:12:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Postgresql 9.0.4 has the timezone:

America/Blanc-Sablon

However other sources seem to spell this with an underscore instead of dash:

America/Blanc_Sablon

It appears that beside 'America/Blanc_Sablon', other multi-word timezones
are spelled with underscore. For example: 'Australia/Broken_Hill',
'Asia/Ho_chi_minh', 'America/Los_Angeles', and so on.

Two questions:

Is this correct as is, or is it wrong in 9.0.4?

And, should I have reported this somewhere else? Bugs?

Err, three questions:

I'm a little unclear on how the tz machinery works. Can I just update the
name column in pg_timezones to fix it for now?

Thanks

-dg

--
David Gould daveg(at)sonic(dot)net 510 536 1443 510 282 0869