Re: timezone buglet?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: timezone buglet?
Date: 2011-10-05 05:37:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net> writes:
> Postgresql 9.0.4 has the timezone:
> America/Blanc-Sablon
> However other sources seem to spell this with an underscore instead of dash:
> America/Blanc_Sablon

I don't know what "other sources" you're consulting, but "Blanc-Sablon"
is the way it appears in the Olson timezone database, and that's what
we follow. We're not going to get into the business of editorializing
on their information. If you want to fool with it locally, look into
the .../share/timezone/ directory.