Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Alpha 1 for 9.2
Date: 2011-09-13 00:39:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On m?n, 2011-09-12 at 09:43 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Writing the release notes is really the main part of the work. Bundling
> > > the release takes 15 minutes, writing the announcement takes 15 minutes
> > > (copy and paste), writing the release notes takes about 2 days.
> >
> > Yeah, but this shaved a lot of effort/delay off doing the final release
> > notes.
>
> It did? AFAICT, the final release notes were created from scratch and
> the alpha release notes deleted.

Yes, that is what happened. I did the 9.1 release notes from scratch,
and Robert Haas looked over the alpha notes and mine and found mine more
complete. He did move some wording from the alpha releases into the
final release notes. I think Robert has the best perspective on this
issue.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com