Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql server crash on windows 7 when using plpython
Date: 2011-08-13 19:07:28
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Saturday, August 13, 2011 8:35:08 am c k wrote:
> I am not going to do stack trace right now, because I am using wireless
> broadband and is much costlier to download.
> But as other functions are working, may be it is related with other thing.
> I have forgotten to told that I am using virtual machine for windows. For
> even this the normal python interpreter does not have any problems. So it
> seems that the problem is occurring due to crash in python package.

My suspicion is it has to do with this from your original post:

"First I installed python 2.7 and then added python installation
path to windows PATH variable. ..."

" Then I go to create plpythonu in a database. But it failed.
After searching, I found that it needs python 2.6. So I again
installed python 2.6 and then dropped plpython from database
and created again."

Unmentioned is whether you uninstalled Python 2.7 or removed the PATH reference
to Python 2.7

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com