Re: Re: [TESTERS] FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Fernando Pianegiani <fernando(dot)pianegiani(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re: [TESTERS] FREE hosting platforms with PostgreSQL, Java SDK, Tomcat, ecc.?
Date: 2011-08-08 07:11:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-testers pgsql-www

Just a thought,
why don't you deploy your setup in your home computer,
and make it accesible from the inet via your home router?

Just make a software raid, get a nice UPS unit, try to harden your OS a little bit, and run your apps there.
It could prove a nice free alternative until anything that looks like a free HAAS/PAAS shows up.

I know it sounds old fashioned, now in the days of the cloud frenzy, but there must be some
value in doing all this by yourself, even if it goes against the trends.

Στις Sunday 07 August 2011 17:50:44 ο/η Fernando Pianegiani έγραψε:

--
Achilleas Mantzios