Re: Patch by request at pgcon

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: "<pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch by request at pgcon
Date: 2011-05-19 17:53:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Greg Stark (stark(at)mit(dot)edu) wrote:
> Adding such a feature would be pretty trivial, attached is a patch.

Quick code-only review: sortedAttrs is a horrible var name for what it
is. More like 'sortbyName' would make more sense, at least to me.
Also, no regression test..? :) The interface looks alright to me,
though I wonder for a moment if this might be a \set option. Are there
other things which could be sorted differently based on such an
option..? If not, then perhaps another char for \dt is right.

Thanks,

Stephen