Re: plpython module import errors

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: c k <shreeseva(dot)learning(at)gmail(dot)com>, sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il, mgainty(at)hotmail(dot)com, Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net
Subject: Re: plpython module import errors
Date: 2011-04-28 14:29:52
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:11:50 am c k wrote:
> Yes, there are three version (now). I am aware of only 2.7 installed
> by default in /usr/lib directory and 3.2 which I have installed
> externally. But the function given above shows version 2.6.4.
> Now the question is how to change the version postresql is calling for
> function execution?
> I have also complied the postgresql source using python option, but
> nothing happens. Is there is variable or like where we can set the
> python deirectory and version postresql have to use?
> Because as per manual, after installing 3.2, I have complied source,
> but still it does not support to python 3.2!

It can only compile against one and by default that will be the 'system '
version. To determine what that is , at the system command line enter:
python -V

If you want to compile against 3.2 you will have to tell Postgres that. See here
for more detail:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/install-procedure.html

PYTHON
Full path to the Python interpreter. This will be used to determine the
dependencies for building PL/Python. Also, whether Python 2 or 3 is specified
here (or otherwise implicitly chosen) determines which variant of the PL/Python
language becomes available. See Section 42.1 for more information.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com