Re: branching for 9.2devel

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: branching for 9.2devel
Date: 2011-04-25 14:19:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On balance, I think I prefer the
> current arrangement, though if we could make the CommitFests a bit
> shorter I would certainly like that better. I don't know how to make
> that happen without more reviewers, though.

Given our current method (where we allow authors to update their patches
during a CF) I don't see that we need or should try for shorter CFs. If
we actually just reviewed patches onces it'd be a very different
situation.

So, +1 from me for keeping it as-is. I do wonder if this is coming up
now just because we're getting closer to a release and people are,
unsuprisingly, wishing they had been able to get their fav. patch in
before the deadline. :)

Thanks,

Stephen