Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting PHP-based Application to Postgres-9.0.3
Date: 2011-04-07 17:42:05
Lists: pgsql-php

On April 7, 2011, Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Apr 2011, Alan Hodgson wrote:
> > What does your pg_hba.conf file contain?
>
> Unmodified from the sample:
>
> # TYPE DATABASE USER CIDR-ADDRESS METHOD
>
> @remove-line-for-nolocal(at)# "local" is for Unix domain socket connections
> only
> @remove-line-for-nolocal(at)local all all
> # IPv4 local connections:
> host all all 127.0.0.1/32
> @authmethod@ # IPv6 local connections:
> host all all ::1/128
> @authmethod@
>
> Rich

What is @authmethod(at)? That looks like a substitution parameter from
something?

The default that should be in there is I think ident, which probably allows
you to access it as rshepard but not the web server to do so, which is
running under a different user.

Try changing the auth method on 127.0.0.1/32 to trust (just for testing),
and then if that works set it to md5 and assign a password.

--
The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling
expedients, of delays, is coming to a close. In its place we are entering a