Re: Triggers on system catalog

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, Shridhar Polas <shridharpolas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Triggers on system catalog
Date: 2011-03-30 01:40:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I do think we need some kind way of capturing DDL events, though. I wonder if the object-access-hook stuff KaiGai and I did to support SE-PostgreSQL could be extended to meet this need...

My inclination would be 'probably', but it's not likely to really be the
way we'd want to provide generalized DDL triggers.. Perhaps we might
flip it around and have the SE-PG things be called from a DDL-trigger
system, but as it's a security-type check, I'm not hugely thrilled by
that idea either.

Thanks,

Stephen