BUG #5871: database connecting failed

From: "cheerag" <kavish52(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5871: database connecting failed
Date: 2011-02-08 16:16:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5871
Logged by: cheerag
Email address: kavish52(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system: Windows XP professional service pack 3
Details:

I have been installing the latest version like 9.0 and i have entered the
password as "test" but when i try to connect it tell me that database cannot
connect...it fails...to connect on local server itself....i downloaded the
8.4 and 8.3....in that version also..there was the same problem. its there
anyway to solve this problem or reset this password....