BUG #5861: lo_import and lo_export methods not working from the client side if database is at remote

From: "Pankaj Singh" <er1(dot)pankaj(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5861: lo_import and lo_export methods not working from the client side if database is at remote
Date: 2011-02-02 06:54:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5861
Logged by: Pankaj Singh
Email address: er1(dot)pankaj(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.2
Operating system: Window XP
client side if database is at remote
Details:

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am using PostgerSQL latest version and trying to insert and export image
from the client machine(Window) through VB program with the help of
lo_import and lo_export methods respectively. But I am unable to insert as
well as export image through the client machine from the remote PostgreSQL
database.

Please note that PostgreSQL database server running at remote machine and
client application is in Visual Basic.
Please help me i am waiting for positive response from your side.