Re: Seeking advice on database replication.

From: Matthias Müller <mmblnfrn(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Demitri Muna <thatsanicehatyouhave(at)mac(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Seeking advice on database replication.
Date: 2010-11-12 20:49:57
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know slony that much. I used WAL processing. But since 9.0 I prefer
Hot-Streaming replication. This link is a good starting point - besides the
documentation.

<http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/5-minutes-to-binary-
replication-41873>

A solution for your problem might be a second database on the replicated db-
server that is working in normal mode (not hot standby) and is filled up by the
replicated database, which works in read-only mode. PG can easily handle
multiple clusters that contain 80MB on one "normal" server.

Matthias