Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1

From: "Ernst W(dot) Winter" <ewinter(at)ewinter(dot)org>
To: König, Monika (62-24) <monika(dot)koenig(at)bonn(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't use pgAdmin Version 10.12.1
Date: 2010-10-21 16:32:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Knig, Monika (62-24) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the newiest pgadmin3 by windows-msi script.

Hello Monika,

> Afterwards the application doesn't start, and the message is:
> pgadmin3.exe. Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, weil
> die Anwenungskonfiguration nicht korrekt ist. Zur Problembehebung

this is where it tells you that something is wrong withyour
configuration. So you might have to get rid of the old one if it is
still there.

> sollten Sie die Anwendung neu installieren.

well from what I can see it is telling you that something with your
configuration is not right. I'm native speaking German, that is why I
answer to it. I don't know WIN so I don't know what you have done, or
could it be that you use a old configuration for the latest version?

> But a reinstall doesn't help.

Looks like you still have the old config or some older libraries, so
what you need is to make sure you get rid of all the old stuff that
is with it.

> Beforehand I've used pgAdmin 1.10.5 without any problems.

I did too. Mir gingeht das genause aber bei mir læeuft das alles ohne
Probleme.

> Has anybody a solution for this problem??? I tried to uninstall the
> old version before instaling the new, but this also didn't help.
> There is the bad configuration??

Wel all I could tell is what I said above.

> pgAdmin version 10.12.1
> pgAdmin OS: Windows XP
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4
> Postgresql OS: Solaris 10

Nochmals probieren, oder versuche ob da noch alte Sachen csind von
der vorherigen Version

> Regards
>
> Monika König

Cheers, Ernst

> Bleiben Sie mit dem taeglich erscheinenden Newsletter 'BonnLive
> online' auf dem Laufenden. Informationen aus dem Rathaus,
> Veranstaltungstipps und aktuelle Nachrichten jetzt im Abo,
> kostenlos unter www.bonn.de !
> http://www.bonn.de/service/newsletter/bonn_live_online/index.html

Private: habe eine tANTE IN boNN. :-)

< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org