Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?

From: <gnuoytr(at)rcn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How does PG know if data is in memory?
Date: 2010-10-12 14:20:19
Lists: pgsql-performance

The discussions I've seen indicated that, in use, tablespaces were at the database level, but, yes, the docs do say that a table can be assigned to a defined tablespace. What I still can't find is syntax which establishes buffers/caches/whatever and assigns them to tablespaces. Without that, I'm not sure what benefit there is to tablespaces, other than a sort of RAID-lite.

Robert