BUG #5641: Can not create any python language

From: "Ron Park" <rparkjr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5641: Can not create any python language
Date: 2010-09-02 21:33:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5641
Logged by: Ron Park
Email address: rparkjr(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0
Operating system: Windows 7 professional 64 bit
Details:

when trying to create plpythonu

ERROR: could not find function "plpython_call_handler" in file "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/9.0/lib/plpython.dll"

when trying to create plpython2u or plpython3u I get
ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpython2": No such file or
directory

ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/plpython3": No such file or
directory

I have python2.6, python3.1, python3.2 all installed (64 bit). All are in
the path variable.

used 9.0 MSI from enterprise to install postgresql 9.0

I have been running and using the 8.xx ones on windows 32 bit and ubuntu for
6 years and have been able to get python to behave well on both systems.
But I am at a loss here.. Looks like there is a bug in the plpython.dll
missing the call handler??? Not sure