BUG #5612: Database Integrity

From: "Ramachandran S" <nic(dot)srama(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5612: Database Integrity
Date: 2010-08-11 09:36:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5612
Logged by: Ramachandran S
Email address: nic(dot)srama(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system: Ubuntu
Details:

I have observed that if a table exceeds size (default installation) 1 GB.
The table when it exceeds 1 GB a file is created say 1811(table) with 1811.1
and further records added are insertted into this file. My Question if I
remove the file 1811.1 say still database is starting up? I will never
know that such a file existed nad remved and data of 1811 is also availble?
How can stop the start the database when such situation recur. pgfsck was
available 8.2