Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?

From: "Richard" <husttripper(at)vip(dot)sina(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Online backup cause boot failure, anyone know why?
Date: 2010-08-05 13:19:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I want to create a database backup when PG is running, so I call pg_start_backup(''), scp the data to a backup directory, pg_stop_backup.
Then I reboot PG , PG boot failed with log like "unexpected pageaddr X/X in log file X, segment X, offset X" "WAL ends before end time of backup dump".
Then I check the failure XLOG file, found the error page contains a pageaddr 8K before it should be, and the failure XLOG record a ONLINE CHECKPONT with 60 bytes in former page, the other 4 bytes missing.

Any one met this before? Please help me!

Richard
2010-08-05