Re: git config user.email

From: Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: git config user.email
Date: 2010-07-21 23:20:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> My initial suggestion was to say that everyone should just be
> username(at)postgresql(dot)org; but I think that met with some resistance.
> Magnus, for example, tells me that he is a committer for multiple
> projects, and is magnus(at)hagander(dot)net at all of them. Since that's a
> domain name he owns personally, it seems safe enough. But I'm
> inclined to think we should avoid things like rhaas(at)commandprompt(dot)com,
> just on the off chance JD decides to fire me.
>
> Of course, I expect there might be some dissenting voices on this
> point, so... thoughts?

I'd prefer username(at)postgresql(dot)org since:

- It's permanent as already pointed out

- It'd make clear that "username" is working as one of PostgreSQL
project members

Personal email addesses such as magnus(at)hagander(dot)net would be ok as
long as he is sure that he will continue to pay charges for his
domain:-)
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan