Re: Backups / replication

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Backups / replication
Date: 2010-06-15 19:56:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010, "Oliver Kohll - Mailing Lists"
<oliver(dot)lists(at)gtwm(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:
> Are either of those two likely? Any other suggestions? Another question
> is will the replication coming in v9.0 change things and would it be
> worth holding off until then? In particular Command Prompt's PITR tools
> look useful for restoring to a particular point in time, will these
> still work or will there be equivalents?

PITR in recent versions allows restoration to any point in time after the
base backup was created, assuming you have the WAL logs from that point
forward.

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."