Re: Disk performance

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Disk performance
Date: 2010-06-15 16:42:45
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday, June 15, 2010, Janning <ml(at)planwerk6(dot)de> wrote:
> ok, I will look for a hoster who can provide this. Most hosters normaly
> offer lots of ram and cpu but no advanced disk configuration.

I've noticed that too, even Rackspace doesn't offer a standard config that
anyone would actually want to use for a database server. I know they can
custom build something but is there really no demand for servers with real
storage subsystems?

--
"No animals were harmed in the recording of this episode. We tried but that
damn monkey was just too fast."