Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"

From: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ps display "waiting for max_standby_delay"
Date: 2010-06-11 02:20:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> > how about showing actual waiting time instead?
> > " waiting for max_standby_delay (%d ms)",
> > MaxStandbyDelay)
>
> Sounds interesting, but how often would the ps statust display be
> updated? I hope not too often.

We can change the interval of updates to 500ms or so if do it,
but I rethink ps display is not the best place for the information.

I'd like to modify the additonal message "waiting for max_standby_delay"
just to "waiting", because we don't use "waiting for statement_timeout"
for normal queries.

If we need additional information about conflictions in recovery,
we would supply them with SQL views instead of ps display in 9.1.

Regards,
---
Takahiro Itagaki
NTT Open Source Software Center